1965 Shares

I Love Creating Stories, but I Don't Like to Write Them?

I Love Creating Stories, but I Don't Like to Write Them? Topic: Write a conclusion for kids
June 16, 2019 / By Jonty
Question: I have so many idea's all the time, I constantly create new stories in my head and often write them down. I will sit down and develop my characters as thoroughly as I can. Then I figure out the outline or plot of the story, I'll add symbolism, and then I'll be able to image some scenes that would play out. I just don't like to write, I used to write as a kid but I lost the passion two years ago and I haven't enjoyed it since. I tried to let go of the hobby and move on, figuring it was a phase, but I can't stop thinking of stories all the time. I feel like it's a shame to never let these idea's be expressed, especially when I'm dying to put my creativity into something. I simply don't like the write though, I've tried a million times, but I come to the same conclusion. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks so much
Best Answer

Best Answers: I Love Creating Stories, but I Don't Like to Write Them?

Ham Ham | 5 days ago
The truth is not what you want to hear. Writing takes effort, learning, work, and practice. Pretty much anyone can make ideas, and really fleshed out ones too. But actually writing it is where people are divided between writers and non writers. To be a writer, you have to like the writing, not just the ideas. I'm really sorry, but this is the way it is. That's why it's impressive when authors finish really long books. Here are some contributing factors to what makes people better at writing -introverts: about 20% of the people in America are introverts, meaning they naturally grow close to one or two people, are very personal, sometimes a bit more awkward socially, and having the ability to be alone for awhile. The other 80% are extroverts, meaning they like big groups, and get energy from talking to other people. Almost all successful writers are introverts, like myself. -practice practice PRACTICE! Just like any other skill or talent, writing takes practice. Do you expect to become an expert at an instrument or sport the first time you try? Of course not! While writing and sports have their differences, it's the same basic concept. So write really simplistic at first. -It takes work and brain training. I don't write when I don't feel like it. Some people say to force it out. I don't like this concept. It doesn't work for me. I've been writing since the 1st grade, and I've been able to train myself by writing, reading, and imitating authors that I find the actually act of writing something that's really fun sometimes. I guess you could try just writing the bland summaries of what should happen, so that you don't forget anything. Make lots of notes first, so that you have your story clear cut. There are other ways you could use your creativity, like writing a movie or tv show script. You could also maybe find a good writer to write your stuff for you. Just keep in mind that they may add their own "personal edits" Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.
👍 118 | 👎 5
Did you like the answer? I Love Creating Stories, but I Don't Like to Write Them? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: Write a conclusion for kids


Ham Originally Answered: I Love Creating Stories, but I Don't Like to Write Them?
The truth is not what you want to hear. Writing takes effort, learning, work, and practice. Pretty much anyone can make ideas, and really fleshed out ones too. But actually writing it is where people are divided between writers and non writers. To be a writer, you have to like the writing, not just the ideas. I'm really sorry, but this is the way it is. That's why it's impressive when authors finish really long books. Here are some contributing factors to what makes people better at writing -introverts: about 20% of the people in America are introverts, meaning they naturally grow close to one or two people, are very personal, sometimes a bit more awkward socially, and having the ability to be alone for awhile. The other 80% are extroverts, meaning they like big groups, and get energy from talking to other people. Almost all successful writers are introverts, like myself. -practice practice PRACTICE! Just like any other skill or talent, writing takes practice. Do you expect to become an expert at an instrument or sport the first time you try? Of course not! While writing and sports have their differences, it's the same basic concept. So write really simplistic at first. -It takes work and brain training. I don't write when I don't feel like it. Some people say to force it out. I don't like this concept. It doesn't work for me. I've been writing since the 1st grade, and I've been able to train myself by writing, reading, and imitating authors that I find the actually act of writing something that's really fun sometimes. I guess you could try just writing the bland summaries of what should happen, so that you don't forget anything. Make lots of notes first, so that you have your story clear cut. There are other ways you could use your creativity, like writing a movie or tv show script. You could also maybe find a good writer to write your stuff for you. Just keep in mind that they may add their own "personal edits" Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.

Ebenezer Ebenezer
First of all congratulations on having a creative mind full of new ideas, concepts and plays. Why not get a tape recorder and simply turn it on and describe your thoughts out loud. Ideally in a quiet soft lit room with your eyes closed and the tape running. Speak freely and openly. Don't stop and start the tape, just let it record for a couple of hours or so. Then, pause. DON'T play it back. Rest a bit and then continue recording from where you left off. When you have done 10 or more hours of recording, hire a person who can type not less than 80 words per minute to simply transcribe your tapes. That person will be able to type at the speed of speech and should not have to stop and start the tape. THEN read what is transcribed and edit it from the draft copy. Repeat this process for each Act or Scene until you have your first completed draft of your entire play. Good luck and Merry Christmas
👍 40 | 👎 1

Cairo Cairo
I'll be honest and say that I am very similar. I have about five different ideas for novel's right now but I've barely written about any of them. I don't mind the writing but I can never think up what should happen. I am attempting to work on a story that I've been daydreaming about for about 6 years, though I cannot think of what I should include. Since I've had so much time to think about it I've created far more character's than I can fit into one book. I know this is not related to your problem much, I just wanted to share my thoughts, sorry if I've wasted your time spent reading this. But when you do finish your book/s, I would love to read them. After I finish one or two of my own of course.
👍 36 | 👎 -3

Alex Alex
Write out a unique define, no longer simply essential parties. Then write little matters you would love to occur in it; e.g. Sarah the principal man or woman and Bianca, her new pal, take a stroll in combination. Sounds dull, however I uncover it ends up in principal matters. DON'T STICK ENTIRELY TO YOUR OUTLINE! That's what alot of individuals do and so they become bored. Feel loose to combine it up and upload stuff and take stuff away. DON'T pass ahead into the tale, as a way to simply make the bridging up deathly dull. I'm finishing a fifty two,864 phrase manuscript. :)
👍 32 | 👎 -7

Alex Originally Answered: I would love to hear some stories about couples that decided to get married together?
"I waited for you to fall in love with someone else, to get tired of my difficult ways, to tell me finally i'm leaving you, you're hopeless, but you didn't and now i'm faced with the biggest terror of my life, knowing I am enough even at my worst for you to love me all your life." This was on the front of our wedding invitations. 32 years ago. Every person that I know goes through feelings like this, but if you are willing to work together on your relationship it will flourish.

If you have your own answer to the question write a conclusion for kids, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.